Uway NT50B WHO IS USING THEM

BSK

8 POINTS OR BETTER said:
Its starting to look like friends shouldn't let friends buy Uway's

Despite the problems I've experienced, I will probably buy more Uways. I would put them as "2nd best camera" far behind Reconyx as "easily the best."

TheLBLman

BSK said:
Despite the problems I've experienced, I will probably buy more Uways. I would put them as "2nd best camera" far behind Reconyx as "easily the best."
"2nd best camera" . . . . . [size]IF[/size] you get one that works, and/or if your remote's batteries will hold up long enough to use the cam.

Does the new Uway that's soon becoming available require a remote?

BSK

Wes Parrish said:
BSK said:
"2nd best camera" . . . . . [size]IF[/size] you get one that works, and/or if your remote's batteries will hold up long enough to use the cam.

And that's why I consider it a "far distant" 2nd best camera. They do have their problems.

Does the new Uway that's soon becoming available require a remote?

Nope, no remote. Viewing screen and control buttons are built into the unit.

TheLBLman

BSK said:
Nope, no remote. Viewing screen and control buttons are built into the unit.
Think I see some new "handwriting on the wall" regarding the NT50 series. IMO, the remote is going to fail, get lost, or broken ahead of the cam itself. The NT50 cam is essentially worthless without a working remote?

Still bumfuzzled as to why Uway didn't make those remotes to use replaceable AAA batteries instead of a non-replaceable internal battery that has to be charged by connecting to a computer?

mr.hicks

The update on my Uway is i received the replacement yesterday in the mail. i almost cant believe it. 5 working days later i have a new camo model cam and new remote! i put it out last night in video mode for the test. They easily win the turn around contest.
i personaly would like to see a gasket on the bottom door. one spot i have is right on a creek which is a major trail crossing and salt lick. im worried the fog will still get into the unit. we will see. im going to leave this puppy out until the warranty expires in 9 months and see how she holds up.

BSK

Wes Parrish said:
mr.hicks said:
i personaly would like to see a gasket on the bottom door.
And better yet, put that door on the side instead of the bottom.
With it on the bottom, have to stand on your head to see anything, unless you remove the unit from the tree.

The theory is, a bottom door has less chance of getting moisture in it. But like mr.hicks, I do have occasional problems with morning fog/condensation in my NT50Bs placed in bottomland/valley locations.

mr.hicks

yeh like half of tenn is bottom land, so i think the gasket is a must. i hope they see this, if not there looking to replace probably half of sold cams something like 2-3 times in that one yr waranty.
the bottom is the best place to put a door if not using a gasket and only worrying about rain, but they must not have factored in heavy condensed fog that is in the air in those bottonland/valley situations which happens to go right thru the cracks. or better yet maybe they could put the marine grade electronics in there.
i like my cam's and i believe i already have got my monies worth. so with the right feedback these guys are only going to make these things better.

BSK

mr.hicks said:
so with the right feedback these guys are only going to make these things better.

I just hope they listen to the feedback and make the recommended changes. They ARE getting good feedback.

Hogbear

Mine shows the temperature about 7 to 10 degrees colder than it really is. Here's an example of the motion blur on night pics. I'm still on the original duracell batteries.

043.jpg

011-1.jpg

TheLBLman

Hogbear said:
Here's an example of the motion blur on night pics.
Wonder if the motion blur is less on the NT50 model?
I suspect the exposure time may be longer with the NT50B, causing more blurring than with the "red" flash model?

The daytime pics of the NT50B are comparable to my homebrews, i.e. very good. But the blurry nighttime pics are disappointing. Will say the NT50B nighttime images are no more blurry than most other "infrareds" I've tried, and certainly much better images than from the Cuddeback.

More and more, I'm questioning whether "infrared" and/or "true black flash" is REALLY bettter than standard old "white" flash. Do like the fact that deer absolutely don't see the true black flash, and this can be of great value in certain set-ups. But my "white" flash cams don't seem to bother deer as much as the "red-glow" infrareds, and "white" flash is providing me very clear nighttime images on the same moving animals that infrared often just provides a worthless blurr.

Andy S.

Wes Parrish said:
More and more, I'm questioning whether "infrared" and/or "true black flash" is REALLY bettter than standard old "white" flash. Do like the fact that deer absolutely don't see the true black flash, and this can be of great value in certain set-ups. But my "white" flash cams don't seem to bother deer as much as the "red-glow" infrareds, and "white" flash is providing me very clear nighttime images on the same moving animals that infrared often just provides a worthless blurr.
My preference is black flash for salt licks and scrapes or any other set up where a deer is stationary for a short period of time (good pics with minimum blur). I still prefer home brew white flash (P41/SSS or similar) for a true trail camera monitoring deer that are in motion.

TheLBLman

Andy S. said:
I still prefer home brew white flash (P41/SSS or similar) for a true trail camera monitoring deer that are in motion.
Agree totally.

I've yet to find any trail cam that could produce such crisp nighttime images on moving animals as my homebrews, particularly the P41.

Maybe with the advent of these "black flash extenders" Uway can make the exposure rate quicker and eliminate some of this nighttime blurring.

BSK

Every black-flash camera I've worked with produces night-time motion blur. It isn't so much the amount of light driving this, it is the lack of sensativity to long-wavelength light of the digital image sensors. An image sensor more sensative to long-wavelength light can be built, but then it would not be able to take high-quality visible light images (clear daylight pictures).

BSK

The only set-up where I still use white-flash is pointing into food plots. Not only will the white-flash extend farther into the darkness than black-flash, I can continuously move the white-flash camera to different locations around the edge of the food plot to reduce camera avoidance problems.

8 POINTS OR BETTER

BSK said:
Every black-flash camera I've worked with produces night-time motion blur. It isn't so much the amount of light driving this, it is the lack of sensativity to long-wavelength light of the digital image sensors. An image sensor more sensative to long-wavelength light can be built, but then it would not be able to take high-quality visible light images (clear daylight pictures).

I have started using the Moultrie I-45S, they use two cameras per unit. It is not totally black flash, but it is very very close. And with the two camera system it does not make a sound.

Andy S.

BSK said:
The only set-up where I still use white-flash is pointing into food plots.
My old Cuddeback C3000s really "shine" in this category. With the flash setting set on "high" they will illuminate a large area rather well. We do not have food plots so I often use it in August on bean fields and such.

Latest posts