Portable power station

Madecost

Bluetti, Bougerv, EcoFlow, and Jackery, it's crucial to assess your specific needs and preferences. These portable power station offer a range of options, and the "best" choice depends on various factors. Bluetti is known for its reliability and high capacity, making it suitable for powering multiple devices. EcoFlow stands out with fast-charging capabilities and user-friendly mobile app integration, while Jackery is prized for its compact and lightweight designs, making it highly portable.

Last edited:

Omega

Why not just run a small generator? A 2k power station is like $1500, and it will only run some lighter electrical appliances. For half that you can get a small inverter generator which, if they are at least as good as the one I got from Aldi, would be much better than a power station.

1695747061531.png

And if you spend a little more you can get a multifuel one which may meet most of your electrical needs, use propane so no worry about the carb gumming up.
1695747210277.png

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Rackseeker

I have a Honda EU 2000 generator to use where I can. Most all National Park camp areas don't allow generator use and don't have electrical hookups. I ended up purchasing a Bluetti AC180. Should be plenty to run LED lights, LED TV, 12V electric blanket when needed for a couple nights.

Omega

I have a Honda EU 2000 generator to use where I can. Most all National Park camp areas don't allow generator use and don't have electrical hookups. I ended up purchasing a Bluetti AC180. Should be plenty to run LED lights, LED TV, 12V electric blanket when needed for a couple nights.
Many smaller inverters are perfectly fine, and some of the larger ones like the one above may be ok too but each park may have stricter rules. Could use it to make sure the batteries were topped off so they could be used at night if needed.
36 CFR § 2.12 - Audio disturbances

(1) Operating motorized equipment or machinery such as an electric generating plant, motor vehicle, motorized toy, or an audio device, such as a radio, television set, tape deck or musical instrument, in a manner: (i) That exceeds a noise level of 60 decibels measured on the A-weighted scale at 50 feet; or, if below that level, nevertheless; (ii) makes noise which is unreasonable, considering the nature and purpose of the actor's conduct, location, time of day or night, purpose for which the area was established, impact on park users, and other factors that would govern the conduct of a reasonably prudent person under the circumstances.
The little ones says its 51 dBA (at 22 ft), the bigger one 64 dBA at (22 ft), so at 50 ft it too may pass, though it may be subjective. This explains it much better than I can.
Can You Use Generators In National Parks? Find Out Here

BMan

Why not just run a small generator? A 2k power station is like $1500, and it will only run some lighter electrical appliances. For half that you can get a small inverter generator which, if they are at least as good as the one I got from Aldi, would be much better than a power station.

View attachment 196812

THIS. Used my cheap Aldi generator for a week camping in Yellowstone, ran it about an hour or so each evening during dinner to charge all of the electronics. It was so quiet the people in the next site didn't even realize we were running it.

Can't speak for other parks, but in Yellowstone generator usage is allowed 8a-8p in all of the larger campgrounds.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

sneakybow

I have a customer of mine who has a YouTube channel dealing exclusively with solar generators and systems. Minute Man Prep is his channel. Huge 2A guy and very responsive to any questions you may have. I'm over the sound and smell of generators, most annoying thing in the world is a campground full of people running generators.

Latest posts