Maybe

Iglow

Maybe coaches just got better ? Or he was just over rated ?

One of the two :)
Wanna talk about coaching problems y'all should look at that bunch at Tuscaloosa, no coach with any sense would have taken that job following Saban.
Or to look at it another way, any good ,smart coach wouldn't have touched that job with a 10 ft pole so the only pool to pick from is a buncha naive dunces that don't know any better.

PillsburyDoughboy

Wanna talk about coaching problems y'all should look at that bunch at Tuscaloosa, no coach with any sense would have taken that job following Saban.
Or to look at it another way, any good ,smart coach wouldn't have touched that job with a 10 ft pole so the only pool to pick from is a buncha naive dunces that don't know any better.
laughable

deerfanatic

Is it really though? Failure for the man following the man is much more common than success. Almost unheard of to have the same level or greater success. I'd rather be the man that follows the man who followed the man or farther down. Time will tell though. It's a radically different world in college athletics than it was even two years ago. That playing field in many ways leveled out and in many ways the rich will rise way above.

PillsburyDoughboy

Time will tell though. It's a radically different world in college athletics than it was even two years ago. That playing field in many ways leveled out and in many ways the rich will rise way above.
College Football has become nothing more than Free Agency . You are seeing Elite Players hoping from team to team ring shopping and trying to money grab as much NIL money as possible. IMHO it is ruining college football and if its not fixed in the next couple of years we are not going to see great athletic programs we see today. At some point these universities are going to cry uncle and not want to give up as big of a piece of the pie they are giving out. You are going to start seeing the entire programs suffer from stadiums to facilities on down to coaching staffs because the money is just NOT going to be allocated.

Nick Saban said his wife, Terry, came to him before his retirement and told him, "Why are we doing this?" She told him that the players now only care about how much money they are making.

While NIL looked good on the surface for players and I agreed I think players SHOULD be compensated to some sort of degree for their NIL and be able to get some sort of those endorsement deals its absurd the sort of deals these kids are getting. It makes the carrot dangling of NFL deals pale in comparison. Why should they make a plan of beating their bodies up over the next 10-12 years in the NFL when they can make that gravy train in just 4-5 years???
On a recent interview between Paul Finebaum and Nick Saban Paul Finebaum replied. "You (Nick Saban)need to be the czar of college football. If you agree to that right now, we can solve a lot of problems." I totally agree with that. There is no one else in the world of college football to lead this charge and make those changes.

Gravey

Nick Saban said his wife, Terry, came to him before his retirement and told him, "Why are we doing this?" She told him that the players now only care about how much money they are making.
Are you serious Clark?!?! I've read he said it and I've read she said it. Either way what a joke coming from the highest paid coach in college football making what $9-10 million. Also read his contract stated he had to be the highest or in the top 3-5. Again I can't take anything serious he or she say about athletes being paid.

Last edited:

deerfanatic

College Football has become nothing more than Free Agency . You are seeing Elite Players hoping from team to team ring shopping and trying to money grab as much NIL money as possible. IMHO it is ruining college football and if its not fixed in the next couple of years we are not going to see great athletic programs we see today. At some point these universities are going to cry uncle and not want to give up as big of a piece of the pie they are giving out. You are going to start seeing the entire programs suffer from stadiums to facilities on down to coaching staffs because the money is just NOT going to be allocated.

While NIL looked good on the surface for players and I agreed I think players SHOULD be compensated to some sort of degree for their NIL and be able to get some sort of those endorsement deals its absurd the sort of deals these kids are getting. It makes the carrot dangling of NFL deals pale in comparison. Why should they make a plan of beating their bodies up over the next 10-12 years in the NFL when they can make that gravy train in just 4-5 years???
On a recent interview between Paul Finebaum and Nick Saban Paul Finebaum replied. "You (Nick Saban)need to be the czar of college football. If you agree to that right now, we can solve a lot of problems." I totally agree with that. There is no one else in the world of college football to lead this charge and make those changes.
Look. No fan who isn't a bama fan gives a crap what that man named Saban y'all worship thinks and we sure don't want him of all people over college football. He doesn't like players pimping their services out and making all the money they possibly can yet he does and did the EXACT same thing every single chance he has gotten. He is a HUGE hypocrite. As to "why are we doing this" she said…I can answer that. He had millions of reasons every year to do it and if he was making like 100k a year instead I doubt very very seriously he would have been doing it and he sure wouldn't have been doing that job at 72. It wasn't about the players. It was about the millions he made. Only bama fans thinks that was anything sincere or took that nice little story he told seriously. The sabans are about what's best for the sabans. That's it. They've proved it. Wanna argue that? Explain why he left any job to coach anywhere else. It was for power and money. Everything else like charitable organizations is for show and self image. His holier than thou act makes the rest of us want to puke.
Paul Finebaum might as well be the mouthpiece for bama fans too so again if you aren't a bama fan Finebaums opinions matter little to nothing to the rest of us. He's nothing more than a pro bama pot stirrer. I know why you bring that mess here and try and make it about bama all the time when that's not even the issue. NIL is the issue and while I agree it's changed college football I'm not gonna say it's ruined it yet. I can't sit here and say I think they should rein it in or whatever because i fundamentally disagree with limiting how much a grown person can leverage their talents or skills to make all they can. The courts have pretty much agreed with that too. Personally I don't like how it's changed it but it's just how it is now. Players have always gotten paid and received benefits and no one here is naive enough to not believe that. Now under our old system I think a few select schools were allowed to do it way more than other and yes it was through boosters. You say schools aren't gonna want to keep "giving up that piece of pie" but that money came from boosters before and it does now. It's not the schools money and they've never really had control of that. It's not theirs to control. Do I think it will affect athletic programs and their budgets and facilities and all that? Yes I do to some extent because those boosters can now give what they want to players instead of having to hide and only give certain amounts and just donate the rest to the schools but in the end those athletes are the ones who generate that money and do the work anyway. I don't feel the least bit sorry for the ncaa or schools. They've kept every single dollar that wasn't theirs for decades and now they lost that totalitarian authority. They should have never had that or been allowed to rule the way they did from the beginning.
Let me put it simple. Kristen's dad isn't gods gift to college football and the rest of us don't respect or want his self serving opinion and we sure don't give a rats a** what his wife's is.

Last edited:

wayne

His contract literally said that he would be the highest paid coach in college football.
If a coach got a higher paying contract, Saban automatically got a raise.

Crow Terminator

Saban's retired by near half a year now and still yet, opposing team fans can't hardly go a conversation without *them* bringing him up in one way or another. I'm on about every mainstream Bama fan page on social media and opposing team fans are the ones talking about Saban this and that all the time.

PillsburyDoughboy

Finebaums opinions matter little to nothing to the rest of us. He's nothing more than a pro bama pot stirrer.
You must have been asleep much of last year when Finebaum was declaring Saban was done , finished caput. Not exactly a pro bama pot stirrer. Then he had to say he was wrong when they were playing in the championships .

deerfanatic

You must have been asleep much of last year when Finebaum was declaring Saban was done , finished caput. Not exactly a pro bama pot stirrer. Then he had to say he was wrong when they were playing in the championships .
You must have been asleep the last decade he pandered and kissed his butt nonstop. Actually I know you live in bama fantasy land. The man is 72. Saying he's done was an easy declaration for finebaum. He had to eventually say that cause his cash cow was about to not be coaching soon and everyone knew that

Latest posts