Knight DISC performance

Kevin B.

After making some minor changes to the 50 cal DISC I purchased from Double Drops, I took it the range this evening after work and fired off a couple satisfactory groups. Shooting from a bench with bags, and using 100 grains Trip seven FFg powder, a 300 gr XTP and a HPH 24 sabot. Iron sights at 40 yards.
july24005.jpg

july24007.jpg

Now its time to top with a Nikon Pro Staff 3x9 and scoot target back to the 100 yard line. I converted this original disc rifle to an Extreme with the conversion kit bearing that name. Also swapped out old breech plug for a Knight domed plug. NO Primer fouling!! NO CRUD RING!! Yeah, that was an unepected plus from the new breech plug!
Kyle did me right on the gun, and it's a wonderful addition to my growing arsenal of muzzleloaders. (Have I got an addictive personality or what? :))

Kevin B.

Put a Nikon Prostaff on the DISC this afternoon and after sighting in at 50 yards, moved the target board back to 100 yards. With 110 gr. of FFg Trip 7 and a 240 gr Nosler Partition Hollow point, and green crush rib sabot, fired six shots, one was almost a hole in a hole. Had one flyer, but even with the flyer, the group was 2.5 inches. Without the flyer, it would've been just over 1.5 inches. Oh well. I'm tickled with the gun. Just thought I'd share in case there's anymore DISC users out there! Y'all have a large night!!
july25.jpg

Latest posts