CZ-USA 452 GRAND FINALE

DaveTN

don't have a grand finale but have the ultra lux... had a guy message me this morning asking about CZs actually. would really like to get a 457 American in 22 magnum
Grab a gun has them in stock for $500.

Tenntrapper

If you get a chance, look up the 452 farewell edition....made for Canada and Australia.

Similar rifle, but bolt knob, trigger, action screws, etc, have been "blued". I think it is some type of heat blueing, because they are really "blue"!!

IMG_20240211_114901.jpg

tpgarrett21

Grab a gun has them in stock for $500.

yeah I've been drooling over one for awhile... I'm slowly thinning out some stuff to buy one... and other rifles I don't have. would really like a tikka stainless hunter in 6.5x55 for some reason. and maybe a new CZ 600 American in 243. older I get the more I just want to shoot rimfire and varmint caliber.

Tenntrapper

yeah I've been drooling over one for awhile... I'm slowly thinning out some stuff to buy one... and other rifles I don't have. would really like a tikka stainless hunter in 6.5x55 for some reason. and maybe a new CZ 600 American in 243. older I get the more I just want to shoot rimfire and varmint caliber.
I am a huge CZ fan, but do some research on that 600 before you buy. It may be fine, but it has an aluminum receiver....I just can't get passed that myself. It was also recalled...don't remember why. Someone had them really cheap not long ago...can't remember who. Just do some research first...

tpgarrett21

I am a huge CZ fan, but do some research on that 600 before you buy. It may be fine, but it has an aluminum receiver....I just can't get passed that myself. It was also recalled...don't remember why. Someone had them really cheap not long ago...can't remember who. Just do some research first...
right... I think all the negativity was on the cz alpha and you're correct, they had a recall on them. the cz 600 American is pretty new, haven't heard anything so far, but maybe they've got any problems worked out with this model. I'm still on the fence about getting one of the new stevens 334s in 243. I've handled one and they look great, accuracy reviews have been great too... trigger I didn't find to be as terrible as what was reported, but if CZ has worked out the kinks I'd take it over the stevens.... IF...

Tenntrapper

right... I think all the negativity was on the cz alpha and you're correct, they had a recall on them. the cz 600 American is pretty new, haven't heard anything so far, but maybe they've got any problems worked out with this model. I'm still on the fence about getting one of the new stevens 334s in 243. I've handled one and they look great, accuracy reviews have been great too... trigger I didn't find to be as terrible as what was reported, but if CZ has worked out the kinks I'd take it over the stevens.... IF...

tpgarrett21

far as I know it's the alpha, trail, range and lux the CZ American came out in like November. which was after the initial recall... and it has a steel receiver

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240211-125519_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240211-125519_Gallery.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 13

Tenntrapper

far as I know it's the alpha, trail, range and lux the CZ American came out in like November. which was after the initial recall... and it has a steel receiver
Yeah, I was just reading about it...and if I understand correctly...it's another 700 clone...sorta... 😂
I'm glad to see they got away from that aluminum receiver. I wonder if the Alphas, etc will continue to use them or if they will switch to steel as well. If I remember correctly, the ones chambered in mag cals were already steel. But it's been awhile since I've paid any attention to them. I tried the 557s, and they were ok, but I guess they just lost me when the discontinued the 550. It was the real deal...in my opinion.

tpgarrett21

Yeah, I was just reading about it...and if I understand correctly...it's another 700 clone...sorta... 😂
I'm glad to see they got away from that aluminum receiver. I wonder if the Alphas, etc will continue to use them or if they will switch to steel as well. If I remember correctly, the ones chambered in mag cals were already steel. But it's been awhile since I've paid any attention to them. I tried the 557s, and they were ok, but I guess they just lost me when the discontinued the 550. It was the real deal...in my opinion.
my only gripe is cz has a bad habit of discontinuing their stuff for some reason... seems like it anyways. why they stopped with the 527 I'll never understand. I had a hunch that's why they came out with this 600 American to go back to a nice wood stock rifle. I still try to grab 527s when I see them priced decent. and wish I had some more 512s

Tenntrapper

my only gripe is cz has a bad habit of discontinuing their stuff for some reason... seems like it anyways. why they stopped with the 527 I'll never understand. I had a hunch that's why they came out with this 600 American to go back to a nice wood stock rifle. I still try to grab 527s when I see them priced decent. and wish I had some more 512s
The 550/527 were Mauser/Mini Mauser actions. From what I read...they just became too expensive to manufacture. They wanted to compete with lower priced rifles. Just look at prices of the Ruger 77 and Win classic 70s (both Mauser actions). Me personally, I would rather pay more for a CRF than have to settle for an aluminum receiver.

Latest posts