Bear Loads

Lt.Dan

Got my new HSM Bear Loads today. Woo-hoo, can't wait to shoot some.

20230703_151502.jpg

Lt.Dan

Shot a few rounds this past weekend with @Clintos1980 at Dead Zero Shooting Park. I do believe the rounds will do the trick should a mad bear happen along. Mind you, I just shot enough to be happy with the sights. Think I will order another box just for practice.

ROVERBOY

A 300 grain plated soft point over 22-24 grains of H110 or W296 makes for a potent 45 Colt load for bears, hogs, or nearly anything.
If I was gonna buy a big bore handgun, I'd buy a large frame .45 Colt before I bought a .44 Mag. With a set of dies of course.

348Winchester

If I was gonna buy a big bore handgun, I'd buy a large frame .45 Colt before I bought a .44 Mag. With a set of dies of course.
Yes! The 45 Colt has advantages over the 44 magnum. There is a greater bullet selection. It can be loaded to be more powerful than a 44 in the proper gun. It has a greater bullet diameter. It is the perfect revolver cartridge.

DaveTN

I bought a .45 Colt, but I sold it because I couldn't get ammo, and if I could it usually wasn't at a reasonable price. I can reload now, so I may look at it again simply because it's the real cowboy option.

Provided your .45 Colt can handle modern loads, I don't think there is a wrong choice between 45 Colt and .44 MAG. Either can obtain close to the same results in modern handguns.

However… .357 Mag is hands down the PERFECT revolver cartridge. 🤣

Lt.Dan

I bought a .45 Colt, but I sold it because I couldn't get ammo, and if I could it usually wasn't at a reasonable price. I can reload now, so I may look at it again simply because it's the real cowboy option.

Provided your .45 Colt can handle modern loads, I don't think there is a wrong choice between 45 Colt and .44 MAG. Either can obtain close to the same results in modern handguns.

However… .357 Mag is hands down the PERFECT revolver cartridge. 🤣
Don't know if it's the perfect revolver cartridge but it is the perfect revolver cartridge for me 🤠

timberjack86

Bears are not tanks, a 9mm will put one down if needed. Recoil with the magnum may be a little much for some people. That said I enjoy shooting my 44 mag pistol a few shots at a time. But I can and do shoot my 9mm alot more.

Latest posts