Who is Tying up Some Cicada Patterns?

Rollo

I'll probably fish my #6 stealth bombers in black and call it good. That has been a top producer for years. Might spin up a few with a little orange flash mixed in
I'm kind of working on the same premise. Any luck so far? Went out yesterday and fish didn't seem interested in top water very much. However, digging up the bottom (with a crank bait) did produce a few smallies. I'm working on a modified version of the stealth bomber where I use orange hackle instead of dubbing for the underside. Will try and test this week.

MickThompson

I'm kind of working on the same premise. Any luck so far? Went out yesterday and fish didn't seem interested in top water very much. However, digging up the bottom (with a crank bait) did produce a few smallies. I'm working on a modified version of the stealth bomber where I use orange hackle instead of dubbing for the underside. Will try and test this week.
I haven't been yet. We got blown out last week with at least 6" of rain and the creeks are just now starting to settle down and clear up in time for this week's rain.

I never dubbed mine. I used some really buggy estaz for my under body. I tie the foam loop and cape the same but pretty much everything else is slightly modified to personal preference or what I have on hand.

I did catch a tank of a largemouth and a pile of big bluegill with a chartreuse one during a mayfly hatch several years ago. Might have to go check out the pond soon.

Buzzard Breath

I'll probably fish my #6 stealth bombers in black and call it good. That has been a top producer for years. Might spin up a few with a little orange flash mixed in
That's what's been working for me. All black with orange legs. I've been fishing for largemouth and they want it moving. Usually get hit about the 3rd or 4th strip. If I let it sit too long, the bream just keep pulling it under.

20240513_072110.jpg

Rollo

Do y'all have a cutter for the foam or just use a pattern and free hand? This is the first time I've tried tying this one. I really like it! Found a pack of foam at WallyWorld that seems to work well.

Buzzard Breath

Do y'all have a cutter for the foam or just use a pattern and free hand? This is the first time I've tried tying this one. I really like it! Found a pack of foam at WallyWorld that seems to work well.
I use a cutter, but there used to be a template online that you could print. I've had a cutter for so long, I'm not sure what website has the template.

I bought a billion piece pack of foam from Hobby Lobby for $5 years ago and it works just fine, so I'm sure the WallyWorld stuff will too.

Rollo

Well, here's my attempt. Need to trim a little. Hopefully it'll fool some ditch fishes. I'll look for the template. Thanks for the tip!

Attachments

• IMG_2156.jpeg
    IMG_2156.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2155.jpeg
    IMG_2155.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts